Wednesday 20 June 2007

Shoe Fetish........

I set off on Sunday to meet Chester RC but I was the only one there. Are they trying to tell me something? Anyway in a moment of sheer lunacy I decided I would head off up the Horseshoe again. I took it easy on the way as I knew what was waiting and felt pretty good at the Ponderosa. However the climb over the old road was really tough. It wasn't helped when a lady flagged me down for directions half way up a steep section. When I jumped back on my bike to set off again, the rear wheel just span in the wet and I ended up in a pile on the floor. With a small bruise to my arm and a huge bruise to my pride I set off again dodging the sheep that seemed intent on making me look stupid twice in one day! How on earth the game of "Chicken" got it's name I don't know. It should have been called "Sheep". In any case I was in a bad way by the time I got home. I really was shattered this time. I did a slightly different route of 64 miles. The middle 20 miles takes as long as the first and last 20 combined! Just shows how slow the climbs are. I don't think I'll be entering the tour! I also met a couple of other masochistic cyclists at the Ponderosa cafe who train at Total Fitness in Chester. I was slightly upset that they didn't look half as knackered as me!




However one thing to look forward to, I have booked a weeks scuba diving in the Red Sea. I can't wait.
This was me in Tenerife last year poking around a wreck. I plan to go to the SS Thistlegorm this time. Its an early start and a late return but should be worth it.

No comments: