Friday 23 February 2007

Friday night

It's Friday and it's Sale v London Irish tonight (www.salesharks.com). Can't wait. I'm totally over the moon with the response to the www.justgiving.co.uk/eggchaser site. I have hardly told anyone about this yet as I am still trying to organise lots of things and already the sponsorship is coming in. A big thanks to those people who have sponsored. Of course, it's going to get harder and harder but surely that's the point? If it was easy to raise money we wouldn't need to do charity events.
No takers on a sponsor for training gear yet. I sense I will need a big effort on that front. Jeantex on Cheshire Oaks have said they will let me leave flyers in the shop which will hopefully generate some interest.
The mileage increases next weekend. Two hour ride on a hilly route on Saturdays, as well as the 3 x 1 hr sessions midweek. Still a long way from what is needed to complete the event but 5 weeks into the training plan I'm already feeling stronger on the bike. Let's hope that continues.

No comments: