Sunday 18 March 2007

First long(ish) ride

So, Saturday morning I crawled out of my pit at 630am and was out on the bike by 710am! It was seriously windy, so windy in fact that one long downhill section nr Willington became a virtual climb as I battled into the headwind. Still considering I didn't know the route and had to keep checking my map I managed the 24 miles in 1hr40. I felt I was taking it pretty easy so I'll see how much I can get that down by. I eenjoyed it more than I expected and going out at that time meant the day was left free for other things and more importantly there was no traffic around!
I managed to get a load of flyers out at the Rugby Club but with no result so far in terms of extra sponsorship. They were too busy griping about England's poor showing (apart, of course, from our Welsh contingent).
Had to dig the allotment today, Amanda has wrecked her back. Garlic planted, spud bed prepared. How old do I sound now? It's all to do with reducing our carbon footprint and becoming a bit greener and nothing to do with becoming old before our time, honest!

No comments: