Tuesday 6 March 2007

New Bike


Well my new bike arrived, a Trek 1200. I can't believe how much lighter it is compared to my old bike! Thanks Ric for the use of his old Raleigh for my rehab!
The Trek's crank is now at Highpath getting modified. Hopefully it will be back soon. They are normally super speedy so I think I will be out on it sooner rather than later.


On the training front, I had planned a 2 hr ride in the lovely Cheshire countryside at the weekend but when I opened the curtain at 0645 on Saturday morning the light drizzle didn't look too welcoming so I went back to bed. I spent 2 hours on Saturday night on the turbo trainer whilst watching the Director's cut of Donnie Darko on DVD. I was expecting to wake up in agony on Sunday but there were no really bad effects. I even got a 4o minute session in on Monday morning!
Work is interfering with my schedule this week so I am having to sneak in a bit of swimming to make up for it.
Looking forward to my first spin out on the roads on the Trek. Any ideas for names for it will be considered. JT (as in Captain James T. Kirk) is top of the list so far! Corny and obvious I know.
Also Chester 1sts and 3rds won so things improving there but Sale were battered by an improving Sarries team by all reports. I didn't listen to it on the radio but I hear it was grim from our point of view. Never mind, as long as they keep battling!

No comments: