Tuesday 3 April 2007

The ups and downs.......

Well last week wasn't so good for training. On Thursday I managed to do the 50k route again in a much quicker time but we went away to Cornwall for a few days so training was severely interrupted. Great trip though. Heligan and Eden were fab days out. Just missed all the Easter holiday hordes too. We stayed in Mevagissey which is a lovely little place. Today I managed to sneak in a 46k hilly route. Wow was it hilly. The first section climbed from Taunton (Somerset) up a place called Blagdon Hill. It was low gear stuff for about 25 minutes at the start and was a sequence of climbs and descents into Devon. Great, but there were a few leg pounding moments. I'll post the route when I get a chance to.
Sponsorship is getting tough. I have a very very big offer but can't put details here yet. That will take me most of the way to my minimum. I need to get more active on the sponsorship side. Sale Sharks have promised to put something in their prog for the next game. Fingers crossed.

I have also a new piccie for advertising. I am dressed in my lycra leggings. I have a bright yellow top on. I look like a big fat yellow chicken with those drumstick legs! Nice

1 comment:

Donna said...

I used to go on holiday to Mevagissey as a kid, I remember huge ice cream cones with clotted cream on top, mmmm!!!
Good luck with the fundraising, I have just left you a small donation.