Monday 30 April 2007

Macc's fish swallowing champion

What an interesting week. I squeezed in a couple of rides on Monday and Tuesday last week and then went to Sweden on a business trip so training was out of the question for a couple of days. I managed to become the company rally champion on my trip at a special evening function in Karlstad! As it was only the remote control car and playstation version I guess it's not quite Colin McRae's standard.
On my return home I had to spend Friday night in Copenhagen. I met up with the Macclesfield Rugby club Vets team who were out there playing a tournament in Malmo. I met them for a bite to eat and a quiet beer as you can see from the picture! This is one of them in his Danish beard and hat choking on a fish. You can just see the tail sticking from his mouth! We then made some new friends - a group of Danish doctors and nurses who were out in town for the night and who liked a drink to say the least. I was desperately trying to stay sober so I didn't miss my flight and they were keen to see if they could get me drunk. A big hello to Erling from Copenhagen! I hope your hangovers weren't too bad.
I have to say that they were extremely friendly and really looked after me so a big thanks to them for making a potentially dull night in a hotel into a fun filled night on the town!
I didn't manage to train on Saturday but made up for the lack of effort in the week with a 58 miler on Sunday with Chester Road Club. Thoroughly enjoyable but by Sunday night I was shattered!
I doubt this week will be quite as exciting. Planning to do a time trial on Thursday night. Not really the right prep for long rides but I fancy testing myself throughout the year to see how much improvement I can make.

No comments: